Saturday, May 17, 2008

Muppets Never Die

Dunno what I weighed this morning, but 5.0 miles on the path, 4.0 of them ran, and 0/0.

After the run this morning, I went promptly into mowing the lawn for the first time this year. It was actually a bit overdue, and the mower didn't wanna pick up some of the patches that had grown pretty thick from all the moisture and the sunny weather we've been having.

I'd forgotten how big the yard feels when you gotta mow it. Yikes.

I also though, forgot how nice everything looks when the lawn is freshly mowed.

Jo spent a good part of the day planting some annuals in the front and starting to put down fresh mulch. Starting to look good!

Cole had a birthday party at his friend Vincent's house today, and Cory had his friend Holden over to make sure their project (a solar car) with Grandpa Bruce was a success. They played for awhile after, then when Holden's dad came to pick him up, they asked if Cory could go with them to a movie and stay overnight.

So, poof! One child gone.

As for the rest of us chilluns, I grilled some burgers (and veggie burgers) tonight, and afterwards Cole and I went to Dairy Queen for a treat, then Blockbuster to rent a movie for him since Cory was out having his fun.

I steered him a little away from the usual Spongebob fare, and into some of the classics, like Ghostbusters, The Goonies, and The Muppets. He ultimately chose The Muppet Movie, which we watched.

I dig the muppets, and so did he. Animal especially. I couldn't help but notice the striking resemblance to Brandon in some of the characters. Fozzie in particular. Can't put my finger on it, but it was funny. Not five minutes after I thought it, Jo said the same thing -- "Kinda reminds you of Brandon, doesn't it?".

Indeed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello??? I think you forgot Swiss Family Robinson hehe :)