Friday, September 12, 2008

Friday Night in Beverly Hills

NO idea what I weigh, and I can honestly say I don't give a shit right now.  However, I DID run today and yesterday. I'm not quite sure exactly how far, but I'd guess maybe 3 - 3.25 miles a pop, plus another half a mile walking. Oh, and 150/100 both days, thanyouverymuch.

After a productive two days of presentations in L.A., I've walked to an outdoor mall in Beverly Hills called, I think, Westfield (Century City?) and planted myself at the bar of a Brazilian Churrascaria called Umbra Grille.  Not wholly unlike Fogo de Chao, they have plenty of types of meat that they slice off of giant skewers for you, and lotsa sides hot and cold, but it is not really a buffet, and they don't bring the meat to you.  

You order 1/2 lb. of meat in whatever combo you want, and order two sides, and they bring it to you on a plate for $14.95.  Tasty, none-the-less, just less gluttoness.

So, on this trip we met with (in this order)Lionsgate, Focus Features, Walden Media, NBC Universal, and Paramount Pictures. Without going into too much detail, here's a few tidbits:

Best meeting: Paramount Pictures
Amount spent on cab fare (so far): $310
Meetings we were late to: 1 (frickin' cab dispatchers!)
Likelihood of getting project work out of the trip: 88%
Best food: tossup between El Chulo and Diddy Riese cookies
Number of people that asked where the name came from: 1
Meetings at which we had internet access: 1
Project most "already-known": Five Minutes to Kill (Yourself)
Project that seemed to impress the most: Funk Box

So, definitely a trip that has been very worth it.  People have been very impressed with our work, and no less than three meetings resulted in them asking for ideas about specific movies or marketing initiatives.  Granted, that's no check-in-hand project engagement yet, but the fact that what we showed them got them thinking about what we can add to their promotional efforts is GREAT! 

We're gonna do this again, but in New York.

So, I'm going to end my evening with a big-ass tub of buttered popcorn and Dark Knight at the AMC nearby, then walk back to the hotel for a good night's sleep.

I've got NO plans for the weekend yet, although I might have coffee with a fellow band geek from college that happened to be in town here the same time I am.   She actually invited me to accompany her and her friends to a play they were going to, but I politely declined on account of timing, and just not wanting to be "on" any more after two days of it.

A guy's only got SO much charm, ya know?

I gots to recharge with a relatively quiet night like tonight before turning it on again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

isn't it gluttonous?