Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Song of the Day
The Ocean Blue - Denmark

I have the coolest intellectual property lawyer EVER.

So, this song comes up randomly tonight and I'm tapping my toes, nodding my head to the beat and thinkin', "Damn, the late 80's makes me feel goooooood," and although I know I've heard the song before in my collection of some 26,000 songs, I just HAD to see who this was.

It was a band called "The Ocean Blue" and I have all of two songs from them. Songs that I'm almost certain I downloaded from a promotional Indie band site like in 2006. So I Googles 'em.

The first link is their Wikipedia page. The second sentence on their Wikipedia page mentions their lead singer, David Schelzel, and I'm like, "Hmmm, that's odd. One of my laywers is named David Schelzel."

And then I remember my lawyer has told me he's in a band.

And then I go through a moment of shock and horror in which I realize I've had HIS FREAKIN' MUSIC in my collection for 3+ years and didn't even fucking know it!

Now I do. And I think I have the coolest intellectual property lawyer ever.

Although, hopefully he won't sue me for posting this song on my blog. Or for thinking the song was from the late 80's when it was actually from '99. Seriously Dave, cut a guy some slack.

David Schelzel
. Call him up for your intellectual property needs. And buy his albums. I just did.







1 comment:

Lyssa said...

What a nifty turn of fate, and great song!