Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Day 87 - Bret: 1, Vegas: 0 (Or Vice Versa?)

160.5 on the scale. Walked I-don't-know-how-far-but-really-far to this Starbucks to finish some stuff for this Target project I dragged with me.

It would seem Vegas is not besting me, yet anyway. Happy to see something much closer to 160 today.

Alright, I have to admit the most idiotic thing that has ever happened to me on one of these road trips.

I've been wearing my toker poncho-thingy since it is still quite nippy here, and yesterday afternoon, nature did call. So, as one would expect, I slipped my phone in the front pocket of the poncho and found the nearest comfort station. As I stood and readied myself in front of the available "sit-down" throne I made an inconvenient adjustment, which launched my phone out of my poncho and square into the fucking toilet.

I couldn't even have made this shit up.

So yeah, it is dead. Stone cold dead.

So, I'll be more "on vacation" and unplugged until I get it replaced at the Sprint Store (which luckily is right down the street from where we're staying).

I believe this is the stuff memories are made of.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's my giggle for the day. Way to funny. Guess I won't be asking you to "phone home" for awhile. That's score one for the toilet bowl and one for the bachelor party!