Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Day 129 - Mission Accomplished!

155.0 on the scale. 65 minutes on the walking path, 5.0 miles, 4.6, 100/70.

Oh, good day!

I honestly didn't expect it to happen this morning after last night's beers and midnight-snack bowl of cereal. However, after the invigorating morning walk, I was gleeful to see what I saw on the scale when I got out of the shower.

BING!

And so I snapped a pic of my hairy foot on the scale. No photoshop work there! (Neither to the number, nor the hairy feet unfortunately!)

So, now the whole dynamic of this blog changes.

I got called "too skinny" today. In fact, the exact words were "bordering on male-model-skinny."

(Yes, I blushed. I'm so not that good looking.)

But what I'm saying is, now it becomes about maintenance. As one's weight usually does, I expect to fluctuate day-to-day within the range of 155 and 160, depending on market conditions.

If you read this blog from this point on, it isn't because you're on the edge of your seat about whether I'll hit a goal on a particular deadline.

It is because you're my mom and I don't call you enough.

Or maybe it is because you're with a rival agency looking to get in my head so you have a competitive advantage.

Or maybe you actually think I say something interesting once every 20 entries.

...

No matter. Everyone is welcome on the internets.

If you keep reading from here on out, I ask only two things of you:

1) Leave a comment every now and then whether I know you or not, and...

2) Slaughter me with comments if you see the weight climbing over 160.

The 1's and 0's you leave will keep me honest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OR you just love reading people's blogs. Even people you don't know. Yes I AM CREEPY.

Um so I think 165 is a good top weight goal. Or at least 163. Don't you? So I'll wait til you get to that.

bhummel said...

See, no. You have to call me on it at 160. By the time I do anything about it I'll have eeked up to 163.

Nip it in the bud early, knowwhati'msayin'?

But really, I guess it is MY responsibility, not yours. :)