Monday, May 21, 2007

Day 141 - Harmonious Morning

156.0 on the scale. 65 minutes on the walking path, 5.0 miles, 4.7, 100/70.

The walk this morning was quick, but splendid. The weather was perfect, the music perfect, and I was bookin' it.

I saw my Mother Goose and her feathery family as well, and managed not to get lunged at. I am happy to say I faced my fears and took a picture for posterity's sake.



Also, stopped a friendly older dude in an orange cap and a cane that I see almost every morning I go that direction. I pulled the headphone from my ear, reached my hand out and said "I see you so often out here I think we better know each other's names." So I officially met John, Mr. Orange Cap.

Now I can greet him by name.

1 comment:

Diana said...

That is so nice! People should do that more often here. I've thought about smiling/saying good morning to everyone I meet out walking, but I haven't committed yet. It blows me away when I visit my relatives in Santa Rosa and EVERYONE says hi to EVERYONE.

Anyway, sorry I haven't been commenting! I feel like I should go back and submit make-up comments. Alexis added comments which inspired me to go bat-shit crazy commenting on everyone's blog. So, good job, Alexis.

PS this pop up window comes up in Spanish for me, hahahaha