Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Day 143 - Hump Day

156.5 on the scale, no exercise (unfortunately) so if it isn't thunderstorming, I aim to take a long bike ride this evening if I'm able.

No exercise because I got up early this morning to prep for that phone interview for The Business of Design book, which happened this morning. It was a good conversation, but was cut short by a client meeting at Target. The guy has some more questions for me and wants to schedule another call.

Anyway, the rest of today I get to sit in front of Photoshop and design some stuff. I like getting back to that every now and then, though I shouldn't probably be doing any of it in my role anymore.

My long weekend all alone is less alone now, at least on Saturday night. I was invited to a barbecue at my aunt's house, which is always fun. All three cousins are home from college (2) or work (1) (from Colorado, southern MN and New York [where one of them works for Vera Wang -- schmancy!]) so I'm sure there will be good food, some volleyball and as much beer as I can safely consume without having to stay overnight. ;)

Oh, and probably cigars. Naughty, I know, but YAY!

*cough cough*

2 comments:

Diana said...

Um, ok...I read this: "one of them works for Vera Wang -- schmancy!]) so I'm sure there will be good food, some volleyball and..." and I totally filled in, with my mind "...and gorgeous couture bridal gowns with simple clean lines".

bhummel said...

Oooh! I wish I'd thought of that. Diana, you need to co-write my blog.