Monday, June 25, 2007

Day 176 - Weekend Adventure Recap

160.5 on the scale, no exercise yet today, will kick some walking-path ass later.

So, this is going to be a recap of the weekend, since I had no cell service and no internets way up nort' in Nestor Falls, Ontario.

I found the cabin around 8:30 Friday night, and entered still dressed in my work duds. I promptly changed into clothes more fitting the environs, and after greeting my wife with a wee kiss and greeting my friends with a hearty hello, I cracked a Labatts Blue Lite.

Unfortunately Lisa's car was stone cold dead after they got in earlier on Friday, so right away Saturday morning Dave and Jeremy had to jump her car and drive it into town to the mechanic

While they were doing that, I laced up the tennies for a brisk morning walk through Canada. I don't know for sure, but based off of average pace and the amount of time I was out there, I think I walked about 8 miles, up to the falls in town and back. While I was walking, I walked right by the mechanic and saw them as they were dropping the car off.

Saturday saw all 6 of us get a good buzz on multiple times. We did some fishin, some drinkin, some talking, some bull-shitting, some poker-playin' and then had a tremendous fish fry Saturday night (nice work Jeremy and Denise!!), after which we got on the boat and cruised over to a local pub for a couple of pitchers with the locals.

By the way, I say "locals" loosely, since it was evident from the license plates whizzing by me while walking earlier that the vast majority of people in Nestor Falls that weekend were actually state-side folk. Missouri, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota... It's a resort community.

On the way back from the pub, we were treated to a beautiful light show courtesy of God, who was tossing lighting bolts all over the place. We avoided getting dumped on while on the boat, but shortly after as we finished the poker game on the porch, it started coming down really really hard. It also stormed later that night pretty hard I guess, but I slept through it completely.

On Sunday morning, I got up and walked again the 8 miles or so, and did my 150/100. Afterwards, I jumped in the lake with a bar of soap and a bottle of shampoo which was awesome (I also cleaned up that way on Saturday morning). We spent the morning after breakfast cleaning and getting things ready to head out, and the rest of the day was driving.

Last night I spent a few hours making mods to a Target project, and then got up early to work again on those mods.

That brings us to today, which sees me sitting at my desk and then working furiously to catch up with everything after the short week Flashbelt created for us last week.

Have a good Monday! I'll try to do a better job of posting this week.

No comments: