Sunday, June 17, 2007

Day 168 - Headin' Home

??? on the scale (although not good I'm sure). 65 minutes walking around Appleton, about 5.0 miles, 4.6, 150/70.

And on the road again for home.

I had a good time at the reception last night, despite knowing nobody but the bride and groom. I met some of Ross's college buddies, a lot of Marit's family (aunt Christine rocks), and a fair amount of Ross's family as well.

I dipped in and out of the reception and "moonlighted" a bit in the tiki bar periodically where Sandy the barkeep took good care of me. I think Sandy was sharing my status with other patrons, because I rapidly became known in that bar as "the-guy-attending-a-wedding- reception-that-doesn't-know-anybody-there", so people were striking up conversations with me with wild abandon.

Okay, that was an exaggeration. More like "mild enthusiasm".

Anyway, all-in-all I had fun, and after a couple too many drinks, around 10:00 I headed upstairs to the room, intending to come back down and get my groove on the dance floor after a quick refresh.

Instead, I layed down on the bed for a few minutes that turned into like 6 hours.

No Chicken Dance for me. No Electric Slide. No YMCA. No Bunny Hop. No Come On Eileen. No I Knew the Bride When She Used To Rock and Roll.

I could go on...

The boys had a great time with Aunt Linda, who was kinda and gracious enough to watch the boys overnight and treat them to a fun arcade night and miniature golf and such with Uncle Larry while I had fun at the reception. Thanks Linda! The boys always love hanging at your casa.

No comments: