Sunday, August 12, 2007

Day 224 - Chainsaws Make For Manly Men

162.0 on the scale. Biked about 14 miles on the path prior to supper, and 150/100.

This morning I made some pancakes for the boys (banana-graham-cracker, and wee dollar cakes), and whipped up a crockpot dinner to cook for the day while I sawed up the big trunks and branches of my friend, the tree.

I suffered miserably through cutting the first two logs off the big trunk, until my friendly neighbor Ric came over and told me I should get my chain sharpened. I took the saw to Frattalone's Ace Hardware and bought a new chain and had the existing one sharpened. OMG what a difference.

After that, it was actually fun. Testosterone flows with both hands on a chainsaw.

Rawr!

Later in the afternoon, Cory was invited to go to the Park at the Mall of America with a friend, so he missed out on the crockpot love. Probably for the best though, because unfortunately, the Peppery Fish Chowder was met with less enthusiasm than I'd hoped, even though I thought it was tasty-riffic.

Tonight, I read some more of the book I'm reading, fell asleep for a few hours, and now I'm back up and am having a few beers and I don't care.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where's the mommy squirrel picture?

Anonymous said...

Sorry but that Fish Chowder was really nasty. I did appreciate the effort, though!