Sunday, August 5, 2007

Day 217 - Some Trip Stats

I entertained myself a little bit while driving by recapping the trip in a series of handy-dandy stats. Here they are. Maybe I should do this after every trip!

Tolls paid to IL:$8.20
Drinks bought for me by others:1 + 1/2 pitcher of beer
Wrong turns made:7 (approximately)
Instances of asking for directional assistance from a human:1 (2 if you include non-driving related inquiries)
Times I was asked for directional assistance
by a human:
2
Max speed:84 mph
Speeding tickets:0
Time spent working:5 minutes (responding to an email about an RFP)
Time spent exercising:zilch
Cookies eaten:3
Candy eaten:1 little bag of peanut butter M&M's and 1 Reese's Crispy Crunchy Bar
Times I was directly asked for money that I didn't owe to the person asking:1
Wedding attendees spoken with:3 (including a mother and grandmother of the groom)
Time spent swimming:0 minutes
Number of fast food restaurants eaten at:1
Number of times I regretted my choice of restaurant:1
Locally brewed beer varieties tasted:3
Number of times the empty tank light lit on
the dash:
1
Number of specific places I wanted to see
but didn't have time for:
3 (including the WI State Fair)
Number of people I saw that I knew:0
Most interesting question asked of me:"Have you had a midlife crisis yet?"
Place visited where I felt most out-of-place:Off-Track Gaming club dowtown while walking around at night (I needed a bathroom!)
Place most-specifically noted to re-visit soon:Milwaukee
Degree of frustration contributed to the
overall trip as a result of construction (on a scale of 1 to 10):
1
Most stupid thing I'll admit to having done on this trip:Drove away from a station with the fuel door open and the gas cap dangling from the side of the car
Most interesting
bumper sticker, shirt or sign seen:
Tie between a shirt on a guy with the words "I'm with stupid" and an arrow pointing south, and a bumper sticker that said "If you can't f*ck & drive, you can't f*ckin' drive."
Number of times I recommended someone read The Tao of Pooh:1
Stretch of road with the most eager-to-ticket-you State Patrol:Menomonie, WI +/- 8 miles.


Good clean fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hesitated to comment on any of the on-road entries because I fear I will be supporting blogging-and-driving (although according to that one bumper sticker, THAT should be easy). That all said, what a delightful trip it seems to have been.

"Drove away from a station with the fuel door open and the gas cap dangling from the side of the car"

Done that!

"Milwaukee"

really????? really??!

bhummel said...

What's wrong with Milwaukee? Laverne & Shirley baby!