Thursday, September 20, 2007

Day 263 - Wait, I Know You!

159.5 on the scale. 10.75 miles biking on the path, 150/100.

I've been seeing John a lot on the trails again lately. For a long while I didn't cross paths with him, and had to wonder if he was alright. He's old. Ya never know what might have happened.

But not to fret. He's fine!

Also on the path today on the return trip I whizzed by a woman pushing a stroller, and in my usual fashion, made eye contact and said "Hi!". In the brief second or so I looked at her some synapses were tickled or something, and when I was past her, thought, "Wait, I know you!".

I didn't stop, but spent the next 50 feet or so placing her as someone I worked with 11 years ago. I couldn't tell you her name, but I am sure she was a 3D designer, designing fixtures and displays and stuff. I'm pretty sure I worked with her at John Ryan Company, my first job out of college.

Anyway, if I see her again, I'll have to stop her and jog her memory and ask her name again!

Other than that, I had a pretty low-key day today.

I made ribs on the grill tonight, mashed potatoes and corn. Cole had vegetarian riblets. Was the first time we tried the fully cooked rack of ribs from Target, and they proved to be tasty and quite easy to make! Um, yum.

Mom and Dad made it to the house right around the time we were tucking the boys in, and after we got settled, the adults played a game of zilch. Mom won. And rubbed it in all our faces.

Dad leaves Sunday for business and leaves Mom here with us until Tuesday or Wednesday when he swings back through to pick her back up.

Cole had his first day of Wings today, and he enjoyed it immensely, to say the least. He learned about how airplanes fly: lift, drag, etc. Sounds like the program will be right up his alley.

No comments: