Sunday, September 9, 2007

Day 252 - Ugly Dates Need Love Too

160.0 on the scale. No exercise.

I worked on the treehouse roof again most of the day. Got the felt down and then pulled the spare shingles that have been sitting in the garage forever down and then up onto the roof to see how they work.

After some experimentation and on-the-job-learning, I got about 3 rows of shingles down before I ran out. SO, I had to head to my-nards (Menards) and buy a couple additional bundles of something similar. Color might not be exactly what I already used, but pretty much only the birds and the squirrels will notice (and me when I'm up on the roof of the house putting the x-mas lights on).

So I ultimately found a date for The Flaming Lips show, although it would have been nice if I could have found someone considerably prettier. My date was severely lacking in that department.

Jason Rysavy and I went, and the show was great.

So they do some really simple but freakin' cool things on stage, and blast confetti like it is going out of style. They handed out little laser pointers to everyone in the place and we got to participate in the show. Was really really cool to see.

Yeah, I'd see 'em again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jason is NOT ugly. Where's the love??

jason rysavy said...

Hey, wait just a second?