Sunday, September 16, 2007

Day 259 - Post Wedding Woe

No idea what I weigh, and no exercise, on account of having too much fun last night.

Yeah, I drank too much last night. Not only last night, but all day.

So lemme tell you about yesterday.

The wedding started at 11:00, and it was requested that we be there early, at 10:00. I'd been tapped on the shoulder to videotape the wedding with her parent's camera, so had to set up.

First, lemme give you the setting.

This was at St. Paul College Club on Summit (next door to the governor's mansion), and the wedding was outdoors on the grounds behind the mansion.

It was really a beautiful setup, except it is September, and it was a bit brisk in the morning. Like 51 degrees when we first got there, after a frost the night before. So I was in my shirt and tie, no coat, and had situated myself in the optimal spot to shoot the wedding, which happened to be in the shade. So I was cooooooooolddd.

Anyway, the strings and flute trio began playing, and when most everyone was in their chairs and the wedding was about to start, we all heard KDWB begin to blast from the backyard of the governor's digs. Like echoing-off-of-surrounding-buildings blasting.

Who does he think he is? The governor or something??? How rude!

Since I was close to the door, I let the personal attendant know, and then saw Jeremy, the groom, rushing inside to get the College Club peeps to go wrangle the gov to muzzle his tunes.

After that had been addressed, the wedding went very smoothly, and I got it all on tape, hopefully to the couple's liking.

Afterwards, around noon:15 the reception started inside, and drinks were on the couple. I started with a glass of wine. Then another. And later, yet another. I was, of course, on official business, socially lubricating so I could get in front of the crowd for our hostly duties.

Of course.

After adequate lubrication, Jo and I got in front and I got on the mic to let people know what to expect in terms of timing and stuff. When the champagne was poured, we introduced the best man and the maid of honor to do the toasts, then I got to start to direct the tables to the buffet, which was haphazard and fun, thankyouverymuch.

At one point a wedding planner tried to take over, but by then, I was plenty socially lubricated and was having fun, and I wasn't about to hand over that mic!

The reception ended around 2:15 or so, and then we got in the limo with the wedding party. There were beers, champagne, and youbetcha, the bottles of Apple Pie Whiskey came out. We stopped at a few bars where more drinks were had, and at some point we were convinced to call home and clear it with my parents to just get a room for the night where the wedding party was staying, and where we were gonna end up after the limo ride.

We got the official OK.

Well then I really threw caution to the wind and said "yes!" far more than I should have, and to make an already long story shorter... Tequila shots, more Apple Pie Whiskey, more beer. All on top of not having eaten any supper.

And that, my friends, is why my head hurts today.

1 comment:

lxforever said...

HOLY SMOKES. I had no idea. A day of booze, sounds like a crazy one.