Monday, October 8, 2007

Day 281 - What A Fool Believes

162.5 on the scale. No exercise in the morning (rained again), but I got on the treadmill during Heroes and did about 4.3 miles of just walking (to spare the ankle), and 150/100.

Woke up with Michael MacDonald in my head. What a Fool Believes.

Heck if I know...

Okay, so to address the "more about that later"(s) that I've been dropping in the last few posts.

Friday sucked, because I had to let a designer go. It was not something I looked forward to, nor something I ever enjoy doing. But it is a necessary part owning a business, and it was the right thing to do for him and for HAM, and I wish him only the best.

A big portion of that day was prepping for it paperwork-wise and more, and afterwards the remainder of the day was spent shaking it off a little bit -- in this case with half a bag of peanut butter M&Ms, a couple beers, and a few rounds of Wii Golf.

I also met him on Sunday so he could gather his things.

Then, I had to inform the team first thing at the Monday morning meeting. Whether or not the rest of the team saw something coming, it is always an unnerving thing to hear that someone was let go.

After some conversations throughout the rest of the day, I think most everyone understood why it happened, and understood that their jobs are not in jeopardy.

Onwards, I guess.

In other news, the leadership team met to go over first drafts of some stuff we'd divvied up to finally get a handbook in place. Good discussions, good progress.

After I returned from a quick phone call, Ross and I (Team Facial Hair) quickly put down Adam and Kate (Team Office) in the Wii Tennis Tournament, and now we proceed to the championship match against Alexis and Pete (Team EspaƱol).

So yeah, that was my day. Tomorrow I'll spend more time writing policies and interviewing a designer. I also have a doctor's appointment first thing in the morning.

On to Tuesday.

No comments: