Saturday, October 6, 2007

Day 279 - Ghost Squirrel

160.0 on the scale. I don't know for sure, but an educated guess for exercise would be something like 13.5 miles biking on the path, and 150/100.

So today I pretty much lolligagged away the morning, and then me and the boys quick-ate some lunch and biked to their tennis lessons. While they were lessoning, I mounted the bike again and went to the path for awhile. I kinda had trouble finding the quickest way to get on the path from the tennis club, but finally got on and went east on it into Hopkins, which is why I don't really know how far I went.

While on the path, I saw something I've never seen before -- an albino squirrel. White as snow! I saw it prancing along the path at a distance but wasn't quite sure if it was an empty plastic bag or Wendy's paper bag or what. But as I got closer it scurried off the path to the right and climbed partway up a tree. I slowed so I could get a decent look at it, but it was trying to hide behind a tree, as squirrels do. What I did see was pretty stinkin' cool. Never seen one like that before.

Anyway, the rest of the day involved taking a shift at a car wash fundraiser for the kid's school. We were the drying team. Afterwards we met Jo at Applebee's at Ridgedale, ate, then walked around a bit.

Now we're home. Wooo! Excitement never ends, eh??

No comments: