Thursday, October 25, 2007

Day 298 - I Happen To Like New York

Not sure what I weigh, and no exercise -- I slept in, big time.

So I woke up around 8:30 this morning, checked my email to see if I had any appointments lined up for me, and since I didn't, I decided to lay back down and drift off again.

I ended up waking up at 11:15. Man that felt good.

I checked out shortly before noon, took my bag down to the luggage room and then hit the sidewalks, walking back up to Times Square to explore a bit.

I ended up over by Radio City Music Hall and Rockerfeller Center, so I went in and got a ticket to do the "Top of the Rock" tour where I spent about a half hour. I was very tempted to get a combo MOMA ticket along with the Top of the Rock ditty, but I wasn't gonna have the time I needed to do both and eat before having to get a cab back to JFK. Next time, perhaps, eh? Uh huh, that's right. Next time.




I snapped a bunch of pictures with my phone before I headed back down. I saw the spires of a cathedral while I was up there, and decided that was gonna be the next place I visited before finding somewhere to eat. It was St. Patrick's Cathedral, and I spent some time walking around that and looking at the architecture and the relics and the various shrines to the saints.



While walking back to the hotel to retrieve my bag and hail a cab, I found a nice little Pakistani restaurant, where I ate a pretty large, deeelicious lunch.

Anyway, I'm now sitting in the airport waiting to board my plane back to MPLS.

No comments: