Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Day 352 - Talk, Talk, Talk

162.5 on the scale. No exercise yet, but I'ma do it after supper.

I spent most of the day today talking. Yes, talking.

To employees, both in person and online, about everything from workload to transition plans to holiday parties to interpersonal dynamics. To another agency owner over a sushi lunch. To yet another agency owner about an opportunity he may have wanted us to get involved in. To people I talk to all the time, and one I rarely get a chance to talk to anymore. To a guy I worked with at my first job over 10 years ago, briefly. To the printer of our holiday poster which unfortunately still hasn't gone out because of a problem gluing them.

Speaking of our poster, I changed my avatar in my chat programs to my festive illustrated self (from the poster).



Anyway, in the late afternoon I was able to fall silent for a spell and spend some time doing business planning stuff, including further modifying the org chart and finishing up the job description for the Account Director we need to find.

So it was busy all day all 'round.

It started with a nice surprise though. When I got in this morning, I found a bottle of champagne on my desk, and a couple of bags of bagels and cream cheese in the kitchen, courtesy of a project manager we've used many times. Thanks Sue! You're a peach!

Now I have a bottle of Malibu AND a bottle of champagne on my desk.

And a pineapple.

No comments: