Thursday, January 31, 2008

Day 397 - Down In The Valley

159.2 on the scale, 3.0 miles on the treadmill, most of it ran, and 150/100.

Well, last night I was at the office pretty late, like 12:45, pretty much tearing the place apart. I think I have all the dividers and desks about where they need to be, but I couldn't secure things down yet because I have to figure out exactly where I can put the Ikea suspended divider cabinets, who's poles have to work around ductwork and other tasty obstacles on the ceiling.

Anyway, I woke up a little late and not in the best of spirits, then after getting the blood moving again on the treadmill, I cleaned up and went straight from home to a Target meeting at 10:30.

I wasn't at the office very long today because I had a 4:00 appointment as well, and then a dinner and drinks appointment.

Tonight a handful of agency owners had our first PPG (Principle Peer Group) get-togethers. We went to JP's Bistro off Lyndale and had a few drinks, some good eats, and some frank, no-secrets discussion. I learned of an interesting rumor floating out there about me, and was a little dumbfounded about how it came about. I have some ideas, but I'll be testing those next week.

Anyway, after I got back, I found Jo just starting to watch Garden State, so she backed up, started it over while I made a huge batch of naughty, buttery popcorn (why the hell not??) and I watched with her.

The night ended with me in even lower spirits than I woke up with, but tomorrow is another day, and will be better, dagnabbit.

No comments: