Friday, May 30, 2008

Coffee With John

157.4 on the scale, 4 miles running on the path, and 150/100.

So I met John today for coffee. I had to postpone on him last week, which I hated to do, but it was necessary due to the Adult Swim stuff going on.

He got there just slightly before me, and the first thing I noticed was the bling he had on. If I recall correctly, there was a large class-like ring on his finger, and a gold chain around his neck. Looked a little different than I see him on the path.

Anyway, it turns out John ran a P.R. firm headquartered here and with an office in New York, Padilla Speer Beardsley, for some 20+ years. He's now retired, and using his retirement to do a great deal of research into Social Network Analysis. Not like myspace or facebook. Science.

So, he ran me through the basic concepts and talked about some ideas he had bouncing around in his head, all of which was pretty interesting. He's certainly passionate about it, and it showed.

We also talked a lot about a bunch of other things, including his iPhone, my road trips, our website and his critiques (minor, really), Montana, and more.

It was a fun chat, and I knew early on when he threw out the f-bomb a couple times that I was with my kind.

Anyway, my lunch date cancelled on me (again! *poke* but she had good reason), and I pretty much took it easy the rest of the day. Took care of a couple errands over the lunch hour, including ordering my new glasses, and then plopped myself at a coffee shop to take care of some mods to our capabilities presentation.

After work, I ran, then grilled some burgers, and we're about to have campfire, which will wrap up the evening.

A good day, I must say.

No comments: