Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Cracks Suck

155.6 on the scale, about 4 miles ran on the path, and 150/100.

I'm still not up to the full 5 miles like I ended the season with last year, and I gotta stop for a brief rest at the turn around point, but... I'm working on it!!

So, yeah, I didn't post yesterday. I meant to, but it was a bit of a challenging day in which I felt like I was getting it from all angles and everyone wanted something, so no time during the day, and when I got home I heated up some leftovers for everyone, then layed down and fell asleep on the couch for awhile. Not much more to tell about Monday other than to say I did get out to bike in the morning before coming into work, so I got my exercise in and I was something like 157.8 on the scale. Oh, and that we called Brady on his birthday and sang to him and group-convo'ed (totally not a word, I know!) on speaker phone.

Anyway, today was better. I got to get out running, I was lighter on the scale, the day went smoother, and all. I'll be knee-deep in Excel reworking our estimation tool for the next few days, after we had a meeting about it this afternoon. It is funny how much everyone really has to stay on top of managing process at the size we're at. Just little changes you make in one area cascade throughout everything, and I think the friendly little estimation spreadsheet we call the feebuilder fell through the cracks through multiple rounds of changes.

Actually, a lot of things seem to be falling through cracks all over the place.

It seems like there's a lot I should do catch-up posting about, like I didn't talk about the trip to Savannah and the visit to the school. I didn't post about how Cole got the top math score at his school, and like second in the district, in these math tests he took a week or so ago. I haven't talked about the fact that we made an offer to a developer, or about all the interviews we've been doing lately. I haven't talked about how I've become mildly addicted to Scrabulous on Facebook. I haven't talked about how I missed Cory's recital, and his legs and arms and body are growing beyond his capacity to control them. I haven't talked about how I haven't seen John on the path since I asked if he'd like to have coffee sometime.

Although, I gotta say, that last paragraph was a crafty way to check all of them off my list in one fell swoop.

(tee hee)

1 comment:

sweet lis said...

Cracks do suck. You know who else sucks? Andy Rooney. http://thatsmybest.blogspot.com/