Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Hello John! Howzabout a Cuppa Joe!

156.0 on the scale, ran about 4.0 miles on the path, and the usual 150/100.

So, this morning, I did what I had told myself I was gonna do for awhile now, which was to ask Walking Path John if he'd like to grab a cup of coffee sometime. He seemed a bit taken aback by the suggestion, and literally said "For what purpose?", but we're gonna set up a time next time I see him out there. Which means I have to remember what my schedule is without the assistance of my phone.

That should prove to be a challenge.

Anyway, for those that don't remember, John is the older dude that I would see walking just about every day on the path, with his cross country ski poles. Seems like a funny guy from our tiny little exchanges, so I thought, why the hell shouldn't I get to know him a little bit? Eh?

In other news, I did NOT sleep well last night. In fact, I've been having trouble sleeping on and off the past week or so, but last night was particularly bad. Which made running this morning a challenge, and has resulted in a "fuzzy and mildly agitated Bret" all day.
LOVE that.

Speaking of running, I finally got to Sprongs and bought my Z-coil shoes with gift certificate that my employees gave me for x-mas. They seem to help my knees, but I need to get one of them further adjusted because it is giving me blisters from hell in my right arch. (TMI?)



They're really pretty cool though. They took a little getting used to, but they're kinda fun to run in.

I think that's all for now. I'm headed to Savannah, GA tomorrow to visit Savannah College of Art & Design, which I'm looking forward to. Never been to Savannah, and it is fun to present our work!

No comments: