Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Humpday Ramblings

154.8 on the scale (YEAH SCALE!! IN YOUR FACE!!!), um, and like 13 miles biking on the path, and 150/100.

Today was humpday. We had an informational interview with a talented designer this morning, a design team lunch, a meet and greet with another firm about some partnership opportunities, and I interviewed with a creative director candidate at the tail end of the day.

Throw in some very important communication and miscellaneous employee interactions, and that was my day.

Lunch, for me at least, was OUTSTANDING. We went to The Loop, and I had a little something something called the Turkey Gobbler #2. Warm turkey, herbed cream cheese, lettuce, tomato, bacon, all on some tasty, light, crusty bread goodness. Maybe it just hit the spot just then, but I dig The Loop.

I got home later (like 7) to discover Jo had rearranged the bedroom furniture. I kinda dig it actually. But, she took all my junk (which, admittedly, had been accumulating on the top of my dresser and night stand for some time) and dumped it all in a clothes basket.

While going through it, I discovered many a thing that could further divert my attention from the task at hand, like a few CDs that I got off lala.com that I hadn't yet ripped to MP3, a code that I needed to enter to finish my registration on healthpartners.com, and a Napster gift card good for 15 tracks that I never redeemed and more.

She also found two legal-sized file folders, each full of the stuff from the closings on the last two houses. So, we got to pull stuff out and look at the photos of this house when we first bought it. Man, I'd forgotten how much freakin' ugly wallpaper they had everywhere. Eww.

Anyway, yeah, so humpday. Not a bad day.

No comments: