Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Off to Savannah

157 on the scale, 12 miles biking on the path, 0/0 (for lack of time).

So, I'm headed out in about a half hour to go hop on the lightrail and head to the aeropuerto for a 4:50 flight. I've got two full days of activities scheduled at SCAD (Savannah College of Art & Design), including some presentations, some portfolio reviews, some tours, some participation in mock interviews, some lunches, and some dinners with faculty and chairs and lead students.

Should be a great visit.

That, and I've never been to Savannah before and I love to explore new places. I don't have a whole lot of time for real exploration, but, just being there is exploring too. :)

So you've probably noticed I'm posting a Song of the Day now every day. I've been wanting to do that for a long long time, but was having troublems finding a good way to do it. I have some 16,000 songs on my iPod, almost always on shuffle, and I make note of the best ones by dropping them into a "selects" playlist. It is that playlist (which is 198 songs long right now) that I'm sharing with you, piece by piece.

I think it would be supercool if peeps comment on what they like and don't like, AND furthermore, suggest stuff that you think I'd like for me to check out.

I dig music. Life would be death without it.

2 comments:

sweet lis said...

Bret!!!!! I'm reading your blog man. NICE. Your trip to Savannah sounds extra sweet. Your songs of the day have a distinctly punk feel to them. I would dare say there is a tinge of Ramones in each of them, some more than others. What is up wif dat? Where's the hard core death metal?? You should check out Mojo -- it's a peer to peer application that allows users to share their Itunes libraries over the Internet. Love it. Keep bloggin my friend. I have a blog too. Blog buddies unite!

sweet lis said...

Pertaining to our group discussion the other night. I believe some were wine-drunk :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPg9DnMP2D4