Saturday, June 21, 2008

Freeeeeeeeeedom!

154.8 on the scale, 5.0 miles on the path, 4.25 of them ran, and 150/100.

So, today, Cory was picked up around 10 to 9 this morning for an all day adventure with his friends at the Minnesota Science Museum (and their Star Wars exhibit), and then a sleepover.

Which, if you do the math, left me a complete and total bachelor ALL day and ALL night.

Lemme just say: Dang, it is nice to have your castle to yourself once in awhile, ya know!?

I kinda lolligagged away the morning, but then went out and took my time mowing the front and side yards (leaving the back for Cory tomorrow, of course), and then went for a satisfying late-afternoon run.

When that was done and I was all cleaned up, I ate a big-ass salad, lolligagged a bit more, then decided to head down to the office to get our new XServe mounted up on our 2-post telcom rack, in preparation it to be all configured and set up by a professional (not me!).

I got down there a little before 8:00 and it took a couple of hours, after which I was rather proud of myself, so I decided to celebrate by walking down to Block E for the late showing of Get Smart and a big-ass bag o' buttery theater popcorn.

I'll say, there were a handful of really funny parts, but all in all it wasn't as good as I'd hoped it would be. See it -- especially if you were a fan of the old TV series -- but maybe wait until it comes out on DVD.

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin.

No comments: