Saturday, June 28, 2008

Fireworks Rock!



Here's the finale from the Minnetonka Summerfest celebration! Unfortunately, nobody wanted to join me for these on account of a threat of rain, so I partook in them alone but recorded them for the absentees.

Well, that, and because I'm a geek.

Anyway, we spent the day mostly partaking in Summerfest events. It started with a pancake breakfast at the Minnetonka Civic Center. Of course we pigged out, duh! Well, Cory and I did anyway. We each had 6 pancakes and 4 sausage links. Um, num! Jo and Cole took it a little easier, although I could see that both of them wanted more.


Afterwards, we headed over to the grounds of the Burwell House, where an icecream social and a craft fair and entertainment was going on. We sashayed around the art fair and toured the house for the first time in the 6+ years we've lived out here. But I think the highlight was the band with the banjo, string base, and the guy with a one-man bad percussion thing-a-ma-instrument strapped to him. Take a closer look at the picture, you'll see.

Anyway, after that, we went home and I mowed the yard, then later in the day we headed over to the civic center again to watch Jo play in her orchestra before partaking in more festivities, including indulgent fair food like corn dogs, hot dogs, gyros, and mini donuts, on the grounds.

After a couple hours, I took the fam home, then came back around 9:30 so I could see the fireworks.

I mean, come on! How could I miss the fireworks?

No comments: