Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

156.2 on the scale, 12 miles biking on the path, and 150/100.

My Father's Day started out with Jo whippin' up a big breakfast for me of eggs, bacon, french toast, fruit and juice and coffee, and love.

Everyone handmade their cards for me, which was swell. Cole even drew a picture of me, as seen here. They also got me the little remote controlled helicopter I'd wanted for awhile, which I promptly loaded with batteries and charged up for its maiden voyage. I kinda suck at it. OR there's something wrong, I can't tell which it is.

Anyway, I got out and finished shingling the roof of the treehouse finally. Well, all except for the trap door, which is my next challenge to figure out how to finish in such a way that the roof won't leak. After I get that done, I can work on the fancy pully contraptions that will let them open up the windows. Then some more final touches.

I snuck in a quick bike ride before we drove up to Medina to meet Jo's parents for a Father's Day treat at Dairy Queen. Cole went with them to stay overnight, and the rest of us went up to look at mattresses, which is gonna be Jo and I's anniversary gift to each other, THEN we went to the chinese buffet in Brooklyn Park we used to go to all the time when we lived up there. It hasn't changed much.

Anyway, when we got back Jo took off for her orchestra rehearsal, and I went to working on my regular Sunday night stuff for Target, and that wrapped up a pretty good Father's Day and Sunday.

No comments: