Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Tax Day for Bonzo

155.2 on the scale, 5 miles on the path, 4.25 of them ran, and 150/100.

So, yeah, today I finally had my tax appointment, after having to file an extension for both my business and personal taxes due to some issues with our accounting software and files.

We had our most profitable year yet in '07, which frankly does not serve me well, taxationally speaking. I got hit HARD. Motherfucking hard, pardon my French.

It is my fault for not regularly sending our books to the tax accountant to periodically reassess the estimated tax payment amounts based off of real YTD business income. (Good god, did I just sound like I speak accountantese or what??)

But still, yeeeeeeeouch.

I liked last year, which was one of our least profitable years proportionately, and resulted in me getting a decent refund!!

More importantly, today was our 13th anniversary, and we went out to Stella's Fish Cafe for dinner. We started with an order of jalepeno cornbread (deeeelicious!) and then Jo snarfed her usual choice of king crab legs, and I had a deeeeelightful grilled tuna nicoise salad to go with my Leinie's Summer Shandy.

Afterwards, we headed home so she could pack for her trip tomorrow to Winnipeg!!

No comments: