Monday, July 21, 2008

Totally a Monday

156.4 on the scale. 5.0 miles on the path, about 4.25 of them ran, and 150/100.

So, after the morning routine, I approached the car to head to work, pressed unlock on the remote, and nothing happened. That's happened before, so I just stuck the key in the door the old fashioned way, hopped into the car, stuck the keys in, and discovered it was stone cold dead. No dings. No lights. No nothing.

Awesome.

After I emailed the team to let them know I wouldn't be there for the Monday Morning Meeting, I jumped it with the van, got it started and let it run for a little bit, then headed downtown without a hitch.

When I pulled into the parking lot, I shut off the car and for good measure, I turned the key again and was happy to hear it fire up again, without issue.

I left the office around 11:45 or so to meet Jo for lunch, and after it fired up again with no problem, I thought I was in the clear.

Yeah, not so much.

After work, I walked up to the car and hit the remote, and again, nothing. So, since I was a dumbass and didn't bring the jumper cables like my gut told me I should, I had to call and get a jump. $64.40 later (what a racket!), I was up and moving, and headed straight to Park Chrysler Jeep in Burnsville, the only dealer service department I could find that was open past 5:30.

They tested the battery while I was standing there and found it was just fine, so they had to sleuth for awhile, which was my cue to go get something to eat. I'd just finished my Garlic Pork from The House of Wu when they called to tell me the found out it was the switch that controls the blinkers and lights. It had a short that would turn the fog lights on even though they were off.

$243.17 parts and labor later, Pete's purrin' again. Total cost: $307.57.

Peace of mind: priceless.

No comments: