Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Day of Rest and Glee

159.0 on the scale, and no exercise.

Taking a day of rest before the 5K tomorrow evening!

I saw The Hold Steady at First Ave tonight! wooo!

I bought two tickets awhile ago, but Jo hates First Avenue because of how crowded it gets so she didn't wanna go. I tried to get someone else to go, but failed, so I ended up getting on craigslist this afternoon and finding someone to buy my spare ticket for $50. So, I essentially saw them for all of $19.50. Wooo!

Anyway, I left the office around 5:45 or so and walked to the general area, and plopped myself down at the bar at Bar 508, and ordered myself a plate of spaghetti and meatballs (for my pre-race carbo load, ya know!). I'd arranged to meet the ticket buyer around 8:30 in front of First Ave, so headed over there and made the transaction before heading in to enjoy the show.

The opening band, "The Loved Ones" (I think), were okay, but not my cuppa tea. But then The Hold Steady came out a little after 10:00.



I couldn't stop smiling through at least half of the show, and I swear to God, I was gleeful for at least half of that half.

If I were a rockstar, I'd be that guy. A regular guy, on fire from within. Watch his arms.

Dave Ewald, if you're reading this and YOU were a rockstar, you'd be that guy way more than me.

Just sayin'.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dave Ewald indeed...thanks for the laugh.