Friday, July 11, 2008

HAMBBQ!

Forgot to step on the scale, but 5.0 miles on the path, 4.0 of them ran, and 100/50.

Had another encounter with the bluebird today! I most definitely think it is a good thing, having this bluebird appearing in my life.

So, this morning, after the run, I had to cut my post-path exercises short to get to a doctor's appointment on time. Afterwards, I took care of some things that had needed doing for awhile, including dropping off the final missing pieces for our personal taxes to the accountant dude.

Then, I headed home to spend the afternoon getting ready for the HAMBBQ, which included sculpting my beardy goodness into something which embodied the word "Boy Band" for the second round of Hairypalooza judging.

I chose to model my face after the face of one Joey Fat One (oh, oops, I totally mean Fatone) of everyone's favorite boyband, NSYNC.

It felt dirty, but I did it.

I'll post pictures as they become available.

Anyway, people started arriving around 6:30 or so, and I figured I better get the grilling underway because there was imminent threat of thunderstorms. Fortunately, we made it through two grillfuls of burgers, brats and dogs, as well as a good half-hour of post grilling consumption time before the skies turned yellow-green on us again and winds picked up, which forced us into the garage.

The round II judging for Hairypalooza happened there, where Stephen came out the ultimate winner. I'm happy to say I won my category for "Boy Band", but I think that was only because my competitor, Eric, did little more than to put on a pair of shades.

The storm dumped on us, but then let up, and we started a bonfire which ended up burning until about 1:30 or so. Granted, the last hour was only me and Brad, but hey, it was still burning and therefore the party was still going. Len's kid, Colton, and Cory and Cole were burning the midnight oil too, and were up until at least 12:30 or so.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for a great time! It is always a blast!

4 comments:

jensue1 said...

Perhaps the bluebird of happiness is attempting to fly up your nose. ;)

Anonymous said...

TERRIFIC party. Thanks Bret + Hummels! I hope there is another one soon...it is pretty much the best thing ever to work at HITF w/ these people.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see that face!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to pictures...