Sunday, October 25, 2009

Quote of the Day

So, the fall weather has had me feeling domestic and wanting to cook fall-type stuff, so I've been baking apple muffins and making apple pancakes and homemade chili and such. Today, I felt like knoephla soup.

So, I made a vegetable knoephla soup for dinner that was pretty damn good if I do say so myself. While we were eating, Cory finished his bowl lickity split and then following exchange occurred.

Cory: "Can I have another bowl? This soup is GOOD."

Daddy: "You like it, eh? Ya know why?"

(This is where I usually say "Because there's LOVE in it," but Cory jumped in with a re-direct.)

Cory: "Because there are DUMPLINGS in it."

Cole: "Yeah. LOOOOVE dumplings."

[comedic beat]

Cory: "Cole, don't ever say those words again."

How could I NOT laugh out loud?

No comments: