Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A Smidge of Everything

I had a pretty busy, eclectic but fulfilling day today.

The business day started with an early coffee and pastry with a good friend from college, and ended with a new business call that I think will lead to some great things.

A group of us @ HAM got to tour the MN Opera Center this morning too, which was pretty awesome! It is really amazing how much goes into putting on a production. I'm kinda fascinated by the real-life behind-the-scenes stories of what goes on, what goes wrong and how they get around it because it is all handled SO well that the audience never even notices.

I think we'll be able to do some really cool stuff for the MN Opera peeps, who are just plain cool by the way. They understand that if you're gonna have something hurled at you while walking through their administrative space, it may as well be candy.

w00t!

I also met with the Principal Peer Group (which is a group of fellow creative business owners) over lunch today, and for the most part the news was uplifting. Things are not getting worse. In fact, there are signs that things may be getting better.

About Freakin' Time.

Tonight, the boys and I devoured a bunch of leftovers for dinner, played around with some school pictures, and I took care of dishes and some other stuff while they littered my tiny living room with Legos.

Had a little bit of "user error" tonight as well which caused this tiny little crackerbox of a house to be hotter than Hades. I have been repeatedly turning down the thermostat to adjust until I thought I had it set at 70, but just realized I'd been turning it UP. It has been set to 80 since like 7:00!!

Time to open some windows.

No comments: