Saturday, December 26, 2009

I Hate Being Stuck

I've been in Bismarck for Christmas since Wednesday. While I didn't have the boys this year so it was a different sort of holiday than it usually is, I have had a great time with Mom, Dad, Brandon, Grandma R., and Pat & Bern. Ate a couple great holiday meals and a hella lotta great other food between them. I'm almost sick of eating in fact, and am going to have to live at the gym for awhile to ensure non-fatness.

I drove here Wednesday to avoid the storm that was supposed to start that night in Minneapolis, and while I've been here, the storm has hit ND and MN hard. North Dakota has closed all of I-94 and I-29 (the two interstates that run through the state) as well as some other major highways including Hwy 83 and Hwy 2.



That means I'm stuck.

And while this ain't a bad place to be stuck, I just HATE being stuck. Anywhere. I was stuck in Cabo San Lucas once because of a hurricane and didn't particularly enjoy being stuck there.

The roads are the first barrier to leaving, but a close second are my mother, father, grandma, great aunt and all those that would just as soon strap me to a chair to prevent me from putting myself in harm's way.

Of course, I appreciate their concern.

But I don't appreciate being stuck.

I was supposed to have the boys this weekend, and I was going to make Hamburger Strudels for a post-holiday special meal and we were going to open presents and stuff. Hopefully I'll get back tonight, so I can pick them up in the morning and still do all of that tomorrow.