Saturday, January 6, 2007

Day 6 - The Trouble With The Color Purple

182.5 on the scale. 30 minutes on the treadmill, 2.2 miles, 4.5, 90/60.

Finished The Color Purple today. I'll select a less-sensitive adrenaline-pumping workout movie next, maybe Flashdance or something. Yeah. Or Fame. ;) Naw, maybe I'll pull out the Star Trek Original Series DVD and watch Tribbles or something.

I'm just pleased with myself for getting up and getting on the treadmill today anyway. I'd said 5 days a week in the rules, which implies I could take the weekend off. But the wiser side of me says if I get out of the habit, I'll get out of the habit.

So, on another note regarding rules... Without realizing it until afterwards, I broke one of my rules yesterday. The Beer Rule. I had two beers at Beer:30 and it wasn't a particularly horrible or great day, but I suppose Friday could qualify as a special occasion. We'll let that one slide. Especially because well after dinner I discovered I had some unused points for the day, so later on that night I had two more beers. I DID count points for all of the beers. I'm on the level here.

Also, the "extra" weekly points resets tomorrow (my official weigh-in day for WW), and I've got 31.5 of them left. That means if I were really wanting to be irresponsible today, I could have like 55.5 points worth of food and still be on the level. I don't think I'll do that though, because that means tomorrow's scale ritual will probably show I've gained weight compared to today's scale ritual.

Going backwards sucks.

No comments: