Monday, January 8, 2007

Day 8 - Jury Duty

182.5 on the scale. 30 minutes on the treadmill, 2.2 miles, 4.5, 95/60.

Today begins Jury Duty. In the paperwork, they say it is a 2-week committment, "or until such juror is discharged by the court." Let's hope for discharge sooner than later.

Today I plan to drive down to my regular parking lot near our building but then walk to the courthouse, which is about 1 mile away. 14 blocks to be exact. So at the very least, I can get more exercise out of the deal. I'm only taking my phone with me for day one, no laptop until I hear what the rules are. I'd hate to lug the laptop all the way there only to learn it shouldn't be there and be unable to just walk outside and put it in the trunk or something. However, my phone gives me real-time access to email and messenger, so the cord will not be completely cut.

I'm hoping that this is ends up being an educational experience, but I've heard a lot of horror stories that it is just incredibly boring most of the time. Time and due process will tell.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Throw 'em a guilty verdict and walk on out. Good luck!

Diana said...

it was really boring when Carrie on Sex and the City had to go. But she sat next to some dude who kept taking things like a muskmellon out of his briefcase.