Sunday, April 29, 2007

Day 119 - Weigh-in Day!

Truth be told, I don't know what to put down for an "official" weight today. I got too wrapped up in the day to remember to weigh myself until mid-day (like just now) and that's never the same. I will say that it said 160.0, but that's not unusual, and is actually light for this time of day in past experience.

I'm going to take tomorrow's weight taken at the same time as usual and count that as today's weigh-in.

My game. I can break the rules, right?

Speaking of rules, I am losing faith that I'll actually hit 155 by May 5th. Considering the HamJam and where I'm at right now, it just isn't looking possible. That's a bit saddening.

Maybe I should appeal to the board and extend the deadline a week. I've been hearing from a number of my employees and otherwise that maybe my body is telling me I'm where I'm supposed to be, and I should stop. ...that if I lost another 3-5 pounds I might look too skinny.

I dunno.

Whether or not I actually hit it, I've accomplished something good. It is just that the freakin' stake in the ground is what kept me motivated to do it in the first place, so to then not hit it seems like a downer.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

In other news, it is only 2:00 and already we've had a full day. I worked with Cory this morning on his homework again, then took a long walk while he finished it, about 5 or 6 miles which was nice.

Then when I got back, I hitched up the boat and we embarked upon this season's maiden voyage of the S.S. Forest (I guess that's what we named it last year, I forgot!). We were out on the lake for a couple of hours doing a lot of joy riding and a little fishing, then trailered it back up and dropped Cory off at a friend's for an afternoon of swimming fun.

I'm eating lunch, and Jo's getting ready to head out to some at-home party thing (not sure for what) so it is just Cole and I left for the afternoon. I'll be working on the top bunk for the rest of the afternoon, or until I putter out.

It is safe to say, I've lived today to its fullest already.

I think we'll grill some burgers (turkey for me, thank you) for supper, and then see what the evening has in store!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what if you don't actually hit the magic number. You look great and I say that not just because I'm your Mother! Take your co-workers advice to heart.

Anonymous said...

So. Truth be told I think you should probably stop here. 155 seems way too skinny now that you've arrived at 160. The trick now is maintaining around that 160. I think you know what to do!

Lady Crazy Pants said...

I'm with Alexis 155 is too much. HOWEVAH...I think you should let us all know how much damage you did Post-Jam, and change the blog to 1604LIFE!