Saturday, April 7, 2007

Day 97 - North Dakota Weekend

158.0 on the scale (according to this scale anyway). 30 minutes on the treadmill, 2.4 miles, 4.8, 100/70.

So, I'll reserve expressive emotion about breaking the 160 barrier until that figure can be independantly verified. Mom says it skews light. Maybe I'm actually 168.5.

Anyway, made it to the Taj MaHummel in Bismarck around midnight last night and then hit the hay after a beer stolen from Mom and Dad's fridge.

Got up and behaved by borrowing a pair of Dad's sneakers and hopping on Mom's treadmill for a half hour. Hopefully that'll set a nice precedence for myself this weekend ("Don't forget what you're trying to do, Hummel!").

We plan on hitting the road again for Minot around 11:00 this morning, and will drink and be merry this afternoon at Grandpa's 80th shindig! Then we'll be staying at Grandma R.'s overnight in Minot.

It'll be good to see everyone! Shoot the breeze. Hug old people. You know.

Oh stop it, you know you're all old. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You spelled independently incorrectly. You know I'm a spelling snob. Also, while I'm happy for you breaking the 160 barrier, it also saddens me deeply. You have kicked my butt.