Saturday, May 12, 2007

Day 132 - Hello Weekend!

156.5 on the scale. 75 minutes on the walking path, 5.5 miles, 4.4, 100/70.

So, unfortunately, Cory didn't make it to the point of falling asleep in the treehouse because his allergies were bugging him something fierce (he'd forgotten to take his pills in the morning). He had to throw in the towel and sleep inside.

Cole, on the other hand, made it through the night without even realizing Cory wasn't there.

Jo and I didn't feel comfortable with the boys outside and us inside, so I pitched our tent, ran some electricity out there, and I slept out back with a lamp and a book and a few beers so I could keep an "ear" on Cole.

I'd figured what would surely happen is that Cole would wake up at some point in the night and realize Cory wasn't there, and then sneak inside to his room, leaving me out in the freakin' tent in the backyard by myself like I was in the dog house or something. But alas, we both slept through the night like rocks (although I did hear Cole come out a few times and tinkle in the forest!).

I just found out this morning that I'm going to be a childless bachelor all of Memorial Day Weekend. Jo will be visiting a friend (Hi Jenny!) in Detroit, and Jo's parents want to take the kids with them on a "Wandering Wheels" square dancing camping extravaganza for the whole weekend. (Funny, eh? Yeah, not kidding.)

It is not often at all that three solid days of Bret Time fall in my lap.

What to do with that time?... What to do... Road trip? Last minute airline fare somewhere completely random? Hang at home, shingle the treehouse roof?

I dunno.

This morning I got my hairs cut by my Vietnamese old barber, Triba ("Hallo Friend! Hehehehehehehehehe") and we're about to head out for Cory's violin recital, after which Grandma and Grandpa take them overnight.

Enjoy your Saturday!

No comments: