Monday, May 14, 2007

Day 134 - Busy Weekend, Mild Monday

156.5 on the scale. 70 minutes on the walking path, 5.0 miles, 4.3, 100/70. My left foot started hurting something fierce for some reason, so didn't go as fast today.

Just 100/70 on Sunday, no walking.

So, we had an eventful Mother's Day weekend. We headed to Cory's violin recital on Saturday (at which he performed well, good job Cory!), and after a brief trip home where we packed some stuff and stuff, we headed out for a hardcore shopping spree.

If you see me wearing new clothes that actually fit in the coming weeks, it is because we dropped $400 at T.J. Maxx, Kohls, and some other store the name of which I can't remember at the moment. Got lotsa stuff. Dress pants, jeans, shorts, dress shirts, button downs (long and short sleeved), a couple of ties, a bunch of tees, some unmentionables... Just lots and lots of stuff.

I'll try not to stand in the mirror and say things like "Damn! I'm a good lookin' man!" but I make no guarantees.

THEN, since the rest of the evening was supposed to be about Jo in appreciation for the hard work that is Motherhood, I gave in to her request to visit Ginger in the ICU at the U of M before dinner, so she knew we didn't abandon her. We drove out that way (St. Paul campus) and a dog that was so excited to see us again she couldn't stop shaking.

Afterwards, we used my phone to look up the closest Joe's Crab Shack (for a crab legs feast, Jo's FAV) and were directed to the one in Roseville, a mere 5 miles from the U. Once we got there, we pulled into an empty parking lot and found a "FOR LEASE" sign on the front of the building! SO, with the phone, we found a Red Lobster instead, where we had a big dinner and a couple drinks. I behaved with Tilapia and Vegetables broiled in a bag, and misbehaved with three cheddar biscuits and a couple stuffed mushrooms. MMMMMM, cheddar biscuits.

Anyway afterwards we checked into the DoubleTree on 394 and 100, where I'd secured a hotel room to help Jo escape her domestic shackling if only for an evening, and enjoy some focused attention from her hubby.

That's ME.

We hit the hot tub until they closed at 11:00, then headed up to the sixth floor for the night.

After sleeping in and gettin' ready, we left to pick up Ginger at the U and bring her home after her three day hospital stay, then headed up to Jo's parents to wish Diana a happy mother's day and to pick up the boys and head home.

After an afternoon snooze, I made up a TASTY asian salad with grilled salmon and homemade improvised dressing for the official mother's day dinner. I was proud, and the Jo and the chilluns did love it.

Called Mom and tried to call both Grandmas and Brady (his birthday was Saturday) but caught none of them real-time. Mom called back, which was nice, but didn't get to connect with either Grandma. Brady, I hope you enjoyed your song.

So, I'm now fully blogged for the weekend.

Not much to report today. I've had a pretty low-key day at work, and am soon to head home and figure out dinner. If my foot doesn't hurt too bad, I'll do some treadmilling while watching Heroes. YAY!

Okay, 'sall for now. Hope your day and weekend was swell, and happy belated mother's day to all you who've endured the rearing of a child.

No comments: