Saturday, May 19, 2007

Day 139 - Life in a Cage

157.0 on the scale. No walking er nuttin' yet, which is making me kinda squirmy.

Made some tasty Oatmeal Apple Pancakes this morning, and then spent the morning chillin' more than I should have, until we went to the Spring Hill School May Fair around 12:30. Hung out there and watched the kids perform and do activities, I participated in kids against the adults tug-of-war in which the kids kicked our bums, and Cole kicked some individual butt doing double-dutch the longest out of anyone in his class.

I learned a new term today, that comes out of scooter enthusiasts: "Cage".

Used in a sentence, it goes like this:

"On a beautiful day like today, it makes no f'in sense to ride in a cage when you don't have to be."

Or, "I get on the road and I'm surrounded by people in cages -- big cages, little cages, SUV cages -- and I just feel so sorry for them."

That's good stuff. Thanks Barry Brodski. :)

No comments: