Friday, June 15, 2007

Supper Stop in Wassau



We just finished eating at a throwback 50's diner turned smokehouse called "George's Restaurant" where we saw the above sign. :)

While the food and atmosphere was pretty good, there was a couple in there with a small child who's behavior sort of appalled all three of us. No, not the kid's behavior. The parents'.

They were in their mid or late 40's, and this kid was no more than two and pretty whiney and fussy. Well, the bi-polar mom outright bitch-slapped the kid which of course didn't help the fussiness, AND then yelled at her multiple times right there in front of everyone in the restaurant like she didn't give a damn who heard her. And I'm not talkin' restrained pissed-off parental tone of voice -- I'm talking about outright yelling. F-bomb and everything.

My kids were appalled, in fact they said that her behavior was worse than the kid's! I had my fingers poised over the 911 keys on my phone just in case she freaked on the poor girl.

So, while I'd patronize "George's Restaurant" again, if that woman is a regular, I'll have to pass.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dude, that stuff scares me. Cory and Cole should've said something to her, LOL, but then she might have attacked THEM.