Saturday, July 14, 2007

Day 195 - Siding Progress

162.5 on the scale. 120 minutes on the walking path, 8+ miles, dunno how fast really (sorry), 150/100.

The crew worked again today, and although the pictures are from yesterday mostly, they made good progress around the back of the garage and the back of the house today. Indeed, it seems the actual siding DOES go up fast.









We spent time today running some errands and the like. Jo got up way early and left for the Minneapolis Farmer's Market at 7 a.m. with our next door neighbor, Nina, and I slept in a little. Then when she got back we got cleaned up and picked the kids up from Grandpa's, where they stayed overnight.

Then we hit Trader Joe's. My first time, and we bought some organic-riffic foodstuffs. Then we hit REI, where I bought a running belt to hold my water bottle and iPod and phone when I'm walking, so my hands aren't always full when I walk, which made tonight's walk GREAT.

Then we went to Lowe's, where I picked up some yard marking flags. I'll tell you more 'bout that some other time. Then we went for lunch ending up choosing the Old Country Buffet. I hit the salad bar, and then the taco bar, then I hit the fried goodness bar for some naughty treats. All in all, I behaved mostly though, and everyone else got what they wanted to eat.

Anyway, we then headed home to get the food put away, and I took off for a car wash and an oil change for Pete. When I got back, I found Jo napping, boys happily playing Bionicles, so I layed down for a nap too. :)

Good day all in all. When I got up, I made some vegetarian patty melts using Morningstar Grillers for the boys, but Jo and I were still not hungry so neither of us ate. I went for my long walk and then when I got back, showered and made some tasty french bread pizzas for Jo and I.

One half of the weekend, gone, and it was well spent.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bret is back indeed! Good to get all the mundane details once again. And thanks for the photos, house is looking good.

Anonymous said...

The house is looking sweet! that is quite a nice color on it.

TJs is the BOMB! (just try not to get hit by a car) Seriously they amaze me. Whole wheat pizza crust for 99 cents? I could go on but I'll stop.