Thursday, July 26, 2007

Day 207 - Winnipeg Day 1

Dunno what I weigh, but did about an hour in unfamiliar territory, about 4.0 miles or so, of which I ran maybe 2.75 or 3.0, and 150/100.

So we got into Winnipeg around 12:45 or so last night after a long drive, the latter part of which was spent in some rain. We spent about a half hour at the border waiting in line, but when our turn came, we're so goddamn wholesome looking that we got through in short order.

The Nebraska truck and trailer ahead of us got searched.

Anyway, I got up and ran/walked after sleeping in some, while Jo and the kids ate with Jacquie and Steve and Claire and Caroline.

Then we all mini-vanned-up and headed over to Jo's Dad's to meet Uncle Paul and Aunt Win. I ate the leftovers from their breakfast (since I didn't eat with the rest of my peeps), and then we loaded up and went to The Forks. We walked around and let the kids watch all the older kids at the skateboard/biking park.

We also grabbed a late and light lunch there. I ordered a Jerk Chicken Salad from a little Jamaican food stand, and while I was waiting for them to finish prepare it, I noticed this thingy taped to their sneeze-guard glass:



No idea what the "Chemical Institute of Canada" is or why I'd be welcomed by them at a Jamaican food stand, but it made me a little squeamish about what exactly was in the salad I was about to eat.

Menudo.

Anyway, after a few hours at The Forks, we went back to the hotel and let all the kids swim and go down the waterslide up until supper, when Jo's Dad and Rose met us at the hotel for supper. We walked across the street to a pizza joint, and all stuffed ourselves sufficiently.

Jo and Jacquie went shopping for some stuff we'd forgotten, and I got the kids showered and tucked into bed.

So endeth a good Day 1.

No comments: