Monday, August 20, 2007

Day 232 - One Missed Turn = Ten Additional Miles

Dunno what I weigh, but 18 miles biking on the highway, and 150/100.

The boys and I got up at about 8:00 and got on the boat for an hour or so. It was cold and misty, and the fish were just teasing us so we didn't last long. Besides, they had to get back for a crafty craft thing at 10:00. They made sail boats that they get to set sailing tomorrow.

Another cold, misty day so we've been lounging in the cabin or the lodge, and right now the boys are watching a Wallace & Grommit DVD on the laptop.

I went on what was supposed to be about an 8 mile bike ride around the lake, but neglected to turn where i was supposed to, which resulted in an additional 10 unexpected miles. I ended up back out on the main highway that goes all the way back to town which is when I realized I'd flubbed up. So yeah, a little tired, and was a little wet when all was said and done. No outright rain, but constant misting all the way back, and wind.

We had our neighbors from Deephaven, Ric & Mary Jo stop by for a wee visit on their way to International Falls for a week on a houseboat. We walked around the resort and gave them the nickel tour, which of course included a stop at the lodge for some ice cream cones. Also played a few rounds of carpet ball and the other crazy game they have out there. They left about 20 minutes ago now.

For dinner tonight there's a potluck, and Jo has a crock pot of Cheesy Italian Tortellini brewing for us to bring, along with some brownies I purchased at the store.

I think I'm gonna have to do a little bit of work on the Target Halloween project while I'm up here, so might have to head into town to get some internets so I can download the files I need. We'll see.

More later!

No comments: