Friday, August 31, 2007

Day 243 - State Fair Visit #2

161.0 on the scale. No exercise.

Had a good meeting at MPR over the lunch hour which ran a little longer than I'd anticipated. That resulted in a nice $25 parking ticket waiting for me when I got back to the car.

Today I ditched work a little bit early (while also encouraging all Hammers to do the same if they could) and hit the fair for the second time with the boys.

I hastily chose a lawn to park in without asking how much, and got taken for $20 to park. However, walking up to the gate I found a wad of money on the grass – $16! (Of course I pocketed it after looking around. What do you take me for, a fool?) So I only paid $4, yay!

(Coincidentally, that would make around $26 of found money this year so far. Do I have to claim that on my tax returns?)

This time we aimed for the half we missed, heading straight for the International Bazaar first. Then, since the boys were probably gonna attend the fair yet again tomorrow with Jo's parents, we hit only one of the animal barns – the horses.

Puttered about and ate some more stuff until it was time to get to the Grandstand to watch A Prairie Home Companion. Jo hates the radio show, so just me and the boys for this one. It was a good show, fun to see all the people we hear on the radio and watch them do what they do live. It went pretty damn late though, and the boys had had enough about 3/4 of the way through the show and wanted to leave. On the way out of the Grandstand, I snapped this pic.



Anyway, we made our way back to the gates, but stopped for some more food on the way out. I mean really, the fair comes once a year.

I had a deep fried snickers bar, and Cory had a gyro. Cole wasn't hungry.

No comments: