Saturday, September 1, 2007

Day 244 - So a Taxidermist, a Park Ranger and an Animator Are Sitting Around a Fire...

163.5 on the scale. No exercise, unless I count the 1.5 miles that is mowing our lawn.

Generally quiet day today. Mowed the lawn. Stuck some orange flags in the grass next to clumps of dog poop. You know, that kinda stuff.

Grandma and Grandpa picked up Cory and Cole around 1:00 to go on an undetermined excursion with them and then stay overnight. Boys are always eager to spend some time at Grandma & Grandpa's.

I also repaired a cupboard door that had come loose, and hung a mirror in the bathroom. Oh, and napped.

Despite the nap, I figured I'd done enough husbandly duty for one day, and had enough credit, I think, to go out to a spontaneously-thrown BBQ/campfire party in Shad's backyard.

That's where the title comes in. It sounds like the beginning of a bad joke, but no!

There were a handful of industry people there, some of whom I knew and some who's names I knew and who I'd exchanged emails with, but hadn't met in person. And a taxidermist, (Rogue Taxidermist at that). And a Park Ranger for the metropolitan Mississippi.

Add some beer, and you had some great conversation.

No comments: