Saturday, August 11, 2007

Day 223 - The Sky Is Falling! (Oh Wait, That's Our Tree)

As I laid half-asleep in bed and Jo-Anne enjoyed her bowl of cereal on this lazy Saturday morning without children, I was jarred back into consciousness by a gasp and something like, "Holy shit! Our tree!!"

The raging thunderstorm last night got the best of the front section of our big honey locust tree outside our front door, and ripped it down. Out of some sheer luck, it missed both the cars by about 2 feet, falling across the driveway behind them but in front of the boat, blocking both cars.



So, grandpa and grandma had to bring the boys back instead of us going to pick them up, and the boys and I spent the morning chainsawing and snipping it apart to get the driveway cleared. Got all the smaller stuff done, and I'll do the big stuff tomorrow.

Didn't exactly help my back, but gotta do what we gotta do, eh?

We're thinking we should buy a lottery ticket with the luck that we had, maybe we'll win something.

After we got the driveway cleared, we packed up the boys and headed to the Hennepin County service center at Ridgedale to officially apply for passports for me and the boys. Some 15 weeks from now, we'll have them.

Anyway, more later. I'm gonna bike later today, and we've been invited next door for some pizza with the neighbors!

No comments: