Friday, September 7, 2007

Day 250 - Thai It, You'll Like It

159.0 on the scale. 5.0 miles on the path, a little over 3 of them ran, and 150/100.

Man, I had another virtually sleepless night last night. I think the longest block I went was no more than 1.5 hours, and that wasn't until after 4:30. I don't know what's going on but I'm not sure I like it.

Instead of the usual depth charge on the way to work, I kicked it up a notch (I think) with a large Americano.

That did the trick for mid-morning and through a great meeting with a potential new client. I don't wanna say too much yet for fear I'll jinx it, but it is something we really want. We're gonna make it happen.

After the meeting, which ran long, I got back to the office and took Ross out to lunch for his performance review. He made it too easy on us by choosing Panera, where I had a garden salad with balsamic vinaigrette.

I reviewed a couple projects and tied up some loose ends while I fought through the cloud of drowsiness that overtook me in the afternoon.

After work we met Jo's parents and a couple of guests of theirs at Sawatdee in Maple Grove. It was the boy's first experience with Thai food and they both seemed to like it. Cole even liked the stir-fried tofu in his dish.

Afterwards everyone came over to our house to partake in the apple crisp that Diana made. I took a Unisom which started to kick in just about the time they left, around 9:30.

Unfortunately, it did not kick in enough for me to actually fall asleep, hence this post.

No comments: