Sunday, September 2, 2007

Day 245 - I'm A Lumberjack

164.5 on the scale (cripes!), walked about 9 miles today in two spells, 150/100.

I didn't much wanna get out of bed this morning, so I kinda didn't. :) When I woke up, I read a little bit, and when I finally got stirring, I decided to go for a walk, probably a long one since I didn't exercise yesterday.

Partway through the walk towards Excelsior, I got the idea to call Jo and have her meet me for lunch while the kids were still away. So, I walked all the way to Dunn Bros in Excelsior, grabbed a coffee, and then went to the Lakeside Grille to meet Jo. So, while enjoying the company of my wife, I had me an indulgent buffalo chicken salad with blue cheese dressing. I'm already 164.5, who the hell cares right?

After we finished, I started my walk back. Since I still had some change in my pockets from the coffee, when a lemonade stand appeared alongside the path manned by two eager and hopeful kids, I bought a refreshing cup for 50¢, then continued on my merry way.

Then, I fired up the chain saw again. I had to cut down a nearly-dead tree close to the treehouse that was wobbly like a loose tooth before it fell and clipped the powerlines and/or the treehouse. I cut the branches off, but left the trunks wholly intact for Jo to use at some point for borders on the trail she intends to build through the forest.

I also cut up some morosely dead trees that we'd pulled down this spring, but I never got around to cutting. They were nice and dry so I fired up a good bonfire and started burning some of those along with the remnants of the honey locust tree that fell a few weeks back.

So by late afternoon I was a sweaty, smokey, stinky mess. Yum! I cleaned myself up around 4:30 or so since we'd made plans to meet Lisa and David for supper back in Excelsior at Maynards at 5:30. That was fun, had a few beers and mostly behaved with French Onion soup and Jo and I split a fancy salad.

The boys were dropped off again at the house around 7:30 or so after a good day and a half with Gramma & Grandpa.

No comments: